Procrastinate on This! [Holiday Edition]
We are soooo excited about presenting our Best of/Worst of 2012 lists over the next couple of weeks, but until then, here’s a whole bunch of holiday procrastination. Happy Holidays!
1. Religious folks rejoice and non-religious folks frown. As it turns out, writing Xmas doesn’t take the Christ out of Christmas:
It turns out, “Xmas” is not a non-religious version of “Christmas”. The “X” is actually indicating the Greek letter “Chi”, which is short for the Greek, meaning “Christ”. So “Xmas” and “Christmas” are equivalent in every way except their lettering.
[Today I Found Out]
2. Still writing holiday cards and attaching gift tags? How about including a QR code for a free book? Cool, right! Click through to find out how. [GalleyCat]
3. Sorry to double mention Martha Stalwart, but you really should check out her “amazing gift-wrapping” post, too. [Martha Stalwart]
4. Apparently Domino’s Pizza is suing over the Obamacare contraception mandate. Ugh! Pizza Hut, this holiday please give me the present of not taking political stances that keep me from buying your pizza. [Gawker]
5. This list of 10 New Years Resolutions for Writers is fantastic. I especially needed to hear the one about backing up my computer more. [Writer Unboxed]
6. If you have an extra 750 milly lying around, you could always gift somebody with a trip to the moon. [Slate]
7. And talk about happy holidays! Here’s the trailer for the upcoming indie movie, UPSTREAM COLOR, by Shane Carruth, who directed one of my favorite indie gems of all time, PRIMER. I have no idea what’s going on or what it’s about, but I can’t wait, can’t wait, can’t wait!